In order for us to sign a head lease agreement with you, you will need to provide the following documents and certificates:
- Proof of ownership of property (Land Registry certificate)
- Details of any headlease (if applicable, if in a block of flats for example)
- Building insurance policy schedule
- Gas Safety Inspection Certificate
- Proof of gas maintenance service agreement – for example British Gas Homecare
- Electrical Installation Inspection Certificate – to be carried out by a contractor approved by NICEIC.
- HMO certificate (if applicable) – only if the property is a licensable HMO, i.e. over 3 or more floors housing 5 or more residents
- Energy Performance Certificate
- Keys for the property – one set for each tenant and two for the University (for all keys - front door keys, bedroom keys and so forth).
- Your bank details - in order that we can pay you your rent (!)
- A completed invoicing set up form: we ask you to complete and return this so we can invoice you for any works that we may need to cover the cost of at your property. This may be in the event that you're away, or if you opt to take out a service through us to save money via a bulk policy etc. You can download the form you need to complete here.
We require the properties we lease to be fully-furnished. A list of the items that need to be provided is below:
Living Room (If applicable)
All furniture provided must comply with the Fire and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 - find out more here