Welcome to the short term lets section of the Student Homes website. Here you can find out about the Student Homes properties that are being offered to students for stays of 2 months or more.
Details of which students can apply for which rooms are listed beneath each advert: some of our properties are dedicated to students from one college only, whereas others are available for all University of London students.
- Rooms are available on an individual basis.
- You can secure a room from overseas.
- Your College will act as your guarantor *except in our Student Homes for all UOL students where personal guarantors are required.
- The University of London will act as your landlord.
- Contents insurance is included as standard.
The rooms are ordered by the date they are available - those available now are at the top, if you scroll down you'll find rooms that are available over the coming months.
Please note: our rooms are available to students of specific colleges - this depends on what college the property is offered on behalf of. There is a description beneath each photograph that states what students can apply for each room.
We hope you find something to your liking.
Granville Court is a 4 bedroom upper floor flat available to full-time University of London students looking for accommodation individually. Room 3 will be available from 17th June 2018.
- Granville Court is an upper floor (2nd floor) 4 bedroom apartment, over one level located within a large residential block. The flat features a spacious kitchen/diner, a shared bathroom, separate toilet, a balcony off one of the bedrooms and is neutrally decorated throughout.
- Tenancies for the 2017/18 academic year at Granville Court will begin now and run until the 10th September 2018. *If you're after a shorter tenancy get in touch, we may be able to help :)
- Rent for is £125.00 per week (an average rent of £541.66 per month), bills are payable on top of rent.
- View the energy performance certificate for Granville Court here.
Cornwallis Square is available for full-time University of London students. Rooms 1 and 2 are available from the beginning of June 2018.
- Cornwallis Square is a 4 bed house set over 3 levels with 4 bedrooms - all of which have double beds (one of which has an en suite bathroom), a shared lounge, with a modern shared kitchen, shared bathroom and rear garden. The house is modern, light and neutrally decorated throughout.
- Tenancies for the 2017/18 academic year will begin on the 9th September 2017 and will run through to the 1st September 2018 (this is a 51 week tenancy).
- Rent varies based on the size of the room. Rooms 1 and 2 are £169.24 per tenant per week, Room 3 £158.52 per week & Room 4 (large bedroom with ensuite) - £223.09 per week. Utilities (gas, electricity, water), and WIFI are not included in the rent. Bills are payable on top of rent.
- View the energy performance certificate for Cornwallis Square here.
Howson Road is available for full-time Goldsmith's students looking for a room individually. Room 1 is available from 1st June and 2 is available from 18th June 2018.
- Howson Road is 5 bedroom mid-terraced house - with 5 double bedrooms. The kitchen will be refurbished for the 2017/18 tenancy (so will be brand new), tenants share a kitchen/diner, shared bathroom and rear garden.
- Tenancies for the 2017/18 academic year at Howson Road run through until the 10th of September 2018 .
- Rent for room 1 is £138.00 per week, rent for room 2 is £132.00 per week. Bills are payable on top of rent.
- View the energy performance certificate for Howson Road here.
Drakeley Court is available to full-time SOAS students looking for accommodation individually. Room 3 is available from late June 2018.
- Drakeley Court is a 5 bedroom split level flat with 3 bedrooms with double beds, and 2 bedrooms with single beds, located within a small residental block. The flat features an open-plan kitchen/diner, a shared bathroom, separate toilet and a decked garden area to the rear off the dining room.
- Tenancies for the 2017/18 academic year at Drakeley Court run until the 10th September 2018.
- Rent varies based on room choice: Rooms 1 & 3 are £134.93 per tenant per week, rooms 2 & 5 are £147.92 per tenant per week, room 4 is £151.27 per week. Bills are payable on top of rent.
View the energy performance certificate for Drakeley Court here.
Hornbeam House is available to full-time SOAS students. Room 2 is available from 15th June 2018.
- Hornbeam House is a 4 bedroom upper floor flat with a separate kitchen, shared bathroom & separate toilet. There is a balcony off one of the bedrooms (lovely in the summer), all of the rooms have 3/4 or double beds.
- Tenancies for the 2017/18 academic year at Hornbeam House run until the 3rd September 2018.
- The rent averages £139.45 per tenant per week, which equates to an average monthly rent of £604.28 per tenant per, bills are payable on top of rent.
- View the energy performance certificate for Hornbeam House here.
Update: If the listed rooms aren't what you're after, you may find the options below useful in looking for short term accommodation elsewhere.
1). Stay Central - a University of London service, stays from 2 nights.
2). Short Term Options - a section on the Housing Services website outlining a range of short term accommodation options.
The Application Process:
If you've found or viewed a property that you'd like to live in let us know!
The application process is very simple and all done online - meaning you don't need to make a trip into our office. There are 3 stages:
- Information Collection: Tell us where you'd like to live and we'll email you a form to complete.
- Payments: We'll send you details of how to make your deposit payment (equivalent to a months rent).
- Paperwork: The final stage - signing your tenancy agreement. Once you've made your payments we'll email you your agreement to virtually sign online: you should sign this within 48 hours of receiving it.
Please note: If you wish to cancel your application after you have completed the second stage we can cancel your application and we will refund your deposit in full to you. If you have completed all 3 stages of the application process and therefore have a tenancy with us, we will refund your deposit, less a £50.00 administration fee, to you only once a replacement tenant has been found.